Monday, July 14, 2014

Facing the Sun

By some miracle...and only by a miracle...we have a garden this year...

Between putting up a fence...planting a pasture...and putting up a barn...I don't know how we did it...but then again we didn't...He did. So yup we have a garden. It's full of corn, tomatoes, onions, cauliflower (too much for my liking, lol), cabbage, beets, cucumbers, tons of lettuce, potatoes, squash, zucchini, watermelon, okra, a lonely cantaloupe and eggplant, berries of all kinds, grapes, a few fruit trees, and last of all...my sunflowers.

I am not exactly sure why we bought so many heirloom sunflower seeds, but I'm glad we did. Not only are they beautiful and easy to grow, but I have recently learned a lesson from this wise flowers.

I started noticing it about a week ago. I would go out to the garden and all the sunflowers would be facing the morning sun. I thought that was cool, and it looked quite artistic lol, all of them leaning the same direction. Then I would go out in the evening and they would all be facing the evening sun. Pretty soon I noticed that it didn't matter what time of day I went out, they were ALWAYS facing the sun. Now sunlight fills everything, it's everywhere, so the sunflowers could just stay straight up right? They would still get the sun. But no, they face the big ball of fire itself 24/7, none of the other plants in our garden do this.

The question surfaces then, do I face the Son?

Do you face the Son?

Or are we all just simply soaking up the rays that happen to hit us?...and not receive the whole benefit of a one on one relationship with our life giver every day, hour, minute, and second?

Do we face the Son....I pray we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment