Friday, January 17, 2014

You're Never Alone...

I have felt so alone lately...well not just lately more like for a good six months...

I'm a very social person most of the time for those of you that don't know me...I love being with my friends...I feed off their smiles and hugs...generally I hate being alone...

The majority of my friends are a year or so older than me and therefore...since most of us are now reaching college age...they have left for college or something of that sort...jobs and the like...

I on the other hand I am stuck at home doing my geometry (my last class before I'm officially done with high school)...that is about to drive me even more insane than I already am...and feeling very alone...left behind...and stuck.

Oh sure I know all my friends still care and love me and such it's just taking some getting used to...not being able to get on my computer and have like five chats and ten emails from my lovely friends...Now you might be thinking, "Oh come on Megan stop being so emotional. People grow up, move on, get over it. Soon you are going to be leaving and in college two." Yeah I know and I'm trying...I'm just someone that needs people...I need friends...I need to talk to people...it's just who I am...I have to be able to share my heart my mind with my closest friends...it's how I'm wired. I need that comradery. I give you permission to think me silly.

Now you might say, "Well God's there for you, share your heart and mind with Him. No need to feel alone." And that's very true...that is part of what has hit me lately even though I've been hearing it most of my life.

God is the one that put all these people in my life. God is the one who is writing my story, and a good author never leaves his book alone until it's finished. Therefore, (yes, I'm going to be very philosophical about this cause I feel like it lol) I'm not alone, because the one who put those other "characters" in my story wouldn't just rip them out without a reason and without concluding their part in my story. Therefore again, those people haven't really left me, God hasn't left me and never will, so I'm not alone, far from it. In fact, I am no more alone than I was when those people were right next to me. There is just some distance between us, it's a transition between chapters. (man, I love metaphors!)

So, yes, I do miss my friends, yes I feel a bit alone, but I know I'm not. I know God is there, I know you all are there. I'm not alone, I'm not forgotten. I never will be. I never was. :)



2 comments:

  1. Glad to know I am not the only one feeling this way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know I'm not the only one too *smiles* :)

      Delete